Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ramblings...

So...about 5 months ago I posted a blog about being a mommy of two. At that time I was still adjusting and not getting a full nights sleep. But now that I have had some time to adjust and Jude sleeps A LOT...I have to say I am loving it! When I was pregnant I remember being excited about the day I would see my two kids playing together, but it is even better then I could ever have imagined. It helps that I have two of the sweetest kids in the world, seriously, they make my life so much easier. Lately David and I just find ourselves looking at each other say "they are so stinkin' sweet!!"


They other day I was taking video of the two of them. Jude has been chattering a lot and I wanted to get it on video. Annabel and I watched the video on the computer and she was cracking up whenever Jude was on. She thought he was hilarious...it was so cute. She will just randomly hug him and give him kisses and he breaks out the biggest smile ever!


I really love being a mom. It is easy to assume that since your kids love you so much that all kids love you so much...but the other day as I was holding a baby that wasn't mine, I realized this isn't the case. I can make my kids happy SO easily, but I did all the same things with this other baby and it did NOT work. While it was a little frustrating, it made me realize how special the bond is between me and my children. It is hard and you have to give a lot of yourself, but it is so worth it!


I know this is probably weird, but I am weird so it is okay, but sometimes I think about what a woman who has a hard time getting pregnant would think if she heard me complaining about not getting enough sleep or potty training or something. I can imagine she would think I did not appriciate what God has given me so easily and I guess it keeps me in check. Sometimes when things come easily to us we don't realize how great of a blessing it is. Sometime we take things that come easily to us for granted...I don't. God has blessed me and I know it. I don't EVER want to take my family for granted, because I know in this day and age it is a valuable and rare gift. And as long as God is willing I vow to love being a mom and wife. I know I may not be the best out there, but I am going to give it my best. And in the meantime here is a cute video of my son the Billy Goat!

No comments:

Post a Comment