Friday, September 11, 2009

New Stuff.

I feel so blessed! I had a wonderful 28th birthday last week...David took me on a date and it was a blast. David's parents came in town and they watched the kids when we went out. We had a great visit with Grandma and Pop.

Also, the weather here is amazing! Maybe I am weird, but good weather can put me in such a great mood. A couple days ago the high was like 70...fall is definitely the best time of year here. One thing I am still not getting used to...only like two months of good swimming weather. Our neighborhood pool is already closed. That seems crazy comng from Florida were September is still HOT!

So, two new things in the life of the Wiggins. The first...drum roll....Annabel has started Preschool! Can I get a woot woot...haha. Okay, but seriously...I think I may be more excited then her but she is getting the hang of it. She is actually there right now...so it is kind of nice to be able to blog in a quiet house. Jude still takes a morning nap so I have about 2 hours of quiet on Tues. and Thurs. mornings. It is very nice. Annabel's first day of school I think she was a little nervous...which was hard, but she worked it out and now she loves it.

The second new thing for me is I am working. Okay...only like 7 hours a week, but still it is something. I am working in our church preschool department on wednesdays mornings and evenings. It is interesting because my first day I felt so happy. It has been a long time since I brought a paycheck into our house and I guess I forgot how good it feels to make a little money. I felt like I was actually contributing. Not that I haven't over the past few years, but I have had a job since I was 15 so sometimes I feel a little guilty not having one. I guess I feel like more a part of the real world and it is nice. It is also kind of nice working in childcare (never thought I would say that...hahaha). I haven't really done that since I was a teenager and I have a very different perspective now that I am a parent myself. Having dropped my kids off and picked them up many times it always feels bad when then teacher is looking around like..."uhhh, which one belongs to you again. Oh, yeah okay here she is." I hate it when they give you no information, you almost feel like they didn't even realize your kid was in their class. So, that being said I am really trying to get to know each of my kids and it is my goal to give each parent a feeling of peace when they drop their child off with me. It really is a ministry to that parent...it is such a nice feeling when you feel like someone has invested time in your child and takes a few minutes to let you know how your child did. So that is my goal and it feels nice to be able to do it for other moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment