Sunday, August 2, 2009

Haircuts, Cookbooks and Mommyhood.

Annabel and I got our haircut together for the first time on Friday. She was so cute sitting beside me while the hairstylists did our hair at the same time. Annabel was having conversation with her stylist and it was so adorable. We ended up with very similar styles even though that was not my plan. I figure she will never want the same style as her mom again in her life, so it is probably okay just this once.


David bought me a cookbook magazine and I am going to start my adventure of cooking through it for the next two months. I already have my schedule for dinners figured out for August and I am really excited. I start tonight with a chicken and rice recipe. The funny thing is David surprised me with the cookbook and at first I was a little disappointed because I thought I wanted to pick it out myself. As it turns out it was a great choice because the meals are not too difficult and I don't have to make the decision of which cookbook is best (going back to my indecisiveness). Another good thing about this cookbook they are not grouped into the type of meat...so I can go in order and we get something different each night. I will let you know how it goes. So far I have made a delicious Summer Berry Cheese Pie...yummy!

Jude is getting big. He is sitting up on his own and crawling. He has even pulled himself up to a standing position. He is almost done with nursing and I am having mixed emotions about that. I nursed Annabel for 11 months and Jude is not quite 7 months...but he seems fine with it so that is a relief. It is sad becaue I know he is getting bigger, but good because he is becoming more independent.




Right now I am loving being a mom and wife. I don't know if I say it enough, but being a mom is one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me. I never want to take it for granted. God has truely blessed me with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment