Thursday, July 30, 2009

First Time for Everything.

So...I got my first evil death stare from a mother yesterday at Chick-fil-a. Let me go ahead and define evil death stare so we are all on the same page.

Evil Death Stare- a look from another mother while she holds her crying child that says, "You are a terrible mother. I can't believe you have such a horrible child. Where did they learn such behavior? You must push your children around all day, because I don't see how else they could have learned such a horrific act."

Okay, I may be exaggerating a little...but only a small amount. It was bad. I had no idea what or if my daughter had done anything to her child because they were out of our sight when the terrible behavior occured, but Annabel's demeanor said it all. She had guilt written on her face. I am not writing about this to wave responsibility from my child or myself. Annabel got in trouble and further action is in place. I say this to say to other mom's out there. Give me a break. Do you seriously mean to tell me your child has never done anything they are not supposed to? If your answer to that question is "No" you are in denial.

My child (who is usually very good) sometimes does things that leave me and David looking at each other in wonder. Sometimes she does and says things you have no idea where it came from. And I have a feeling it only gets worse as they get older.

I write this to say...Moms, yes stick up for your kid when they are wronged (that part of you job), but also remember that it is likely you will be on the other side oneday. No one understands better then other moms how you feel about the burdens of raising a child who is a responsible and kind human being. But lets support each other and give each other the benefit of the doubt...and lets save the evil death stares for our husbands. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment