Thursday, August 6, 2009

Psalms

Okay, so my favorite verse over the last few months has been Psalms 103: 1-6. It gives me so much hope and security in Christ. Here it is:

"Praise the Lord, O my soul, all my inmost being praise his holy name.

Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits-

who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,

who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion

who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's

The Lord works rightousness and justice for all the oppressed."

I LOVE this verse. As I have matured as a Christian I realize that a lot of these benefits may not be realized on earth, but we have so long with Christ and I love that as Christ-followers we all are subject to recieve these benefits for our belief! What a blessing to be a follower of Christ. Today I am remembering that the blessings of Christ aren't new cars, big homes or anything that can be purchased here on earth, the blessing of Christ CANNOT be bought. It is such a burden to think that so many people on earth will miss these blessings.

I love the part that God satisfies our desires with good things. We serve a good God, who has our best interest in mind. We have to trust Him through every trial!!

"Praise the Lord, O my soul, all my inmost being, praise his holy name."

No comments:

Post a Comment